Sunday, February 03, 2013

Made for this

When we were on Young Life staff a phrase I heard a lot was, "You were made for this."  It was one of Young Life's tag lines, meaning that we were all made for life to the full, for good relationships, to know and be known, to understand who God is and how much he loves us.

I loved that line and I agree with it.

I find though that that phrase often pops, out of context, into my mind when I'm looking through my photos of my life at home with this sweet little girl.

I was made for this.  For tea parties and dress-up and hair bows.  For baking and making castles in the bedroom and singing the theme song from Brave 15 times over.  For reading books and cuddling and putting on jammies. And while I do NOT feel that I was made for laundry (ironic, because my husband is putting ours away right now) or cleaning or waking up in the middle of the night, and sometimes (often) the drudgery of that stuff can feel frustrating and maybe depressing, when those feelings hit I try to remind myself that they are just the hard parts of the really good stuff.  The stuff I was made for.  I just can't see that there is anything out there sweeter or better than this.

This.  These unedited, imperfect, sweet little moments that are stringing together to make our life.
Baking.

Licking the beater.

Didn't make through the baking.


Tea party in a "castle."

Maybe we should work on castle table manners.


Wanted to nap in the castle.  Lasted 5 minutes.

She plays with fringe with her toes.  It's kind of weird, but I kind of love it.

The face she always makes when I tell her I need to wipe her face.  I hate how kids usually cry when they have to have
their faces cleaned, so we've always worked hard to make it fun.  She likes to have her face wiped, and she always
tilts her chin up and closes her eyes and smiles like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.