Sunday, September 11, 2011

And the winner is...

First of all, I have to say that I had a BLAST reading all of your hilarious comments.  What made it even better was that in quite a few cases, I actually knew the picture the commenter was referring to!  But you know what?  In spite of those less than flattering photos, every one of you ladies turned into a beautiful woman.  (And goodness gracious, ya'll sure are turning out some beautiful babies!) It's a good thing that our awkward school photos don't follow us everywhere in life.

Unless, of course, your wife has a blog.



And you thought you were awkward.


"Oh, um, hey...don't look now, but...uh...I think Jesus is shooting lasers at you...while drinking wine..."

There was a time when I was a little concerned about the gene pool for my offspring.  My maiden name is, after all, Atkinson, and a certain actor named Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson) is from the same part of England as my grandpa.  Yikes.

I got over it, though.  I mean, look how that little guy turned out!
Ow, oww!
Our offspring turned out pretty awesome, too.

"Don't worry, Baby, Mama will never take photographs of you wearing giant red glasses and baggy shirts
 with fake dried paint.  She'll just put you in stand mixers."

I can't find many of my old school photos.  Probably because they are in the trash.  There was that one year when I refused to smile because my face was still so swollen from being broken by a horse hoof.  Yikes...that photo still gives me nightmares.  Thankfully, I had an in with the yearbook editor.  She was my best friend and she snuck in my sophomore year photo into my junior year photo slot.  

Here's another awkward photo, though.

Honestly.  How hard could it be to take a photo of a first-grade blonde ballet kid in a bunny costume?  What's with the weird blue carpet and washed-out white wall?  Are those supposed to be spirit fingers?

Sigh.  At least I can promise you that the winner of our photo shoot giveaway won't have a creepy Jesus in the background of her photos.  I mean, unless that's your thing...in which case, I guess it can be arranged?

Anyway, you probably want to know who the giveaway winner is, don't you?  Well, drumroll, please!
Nevermind.


Danielle G. said...

7th grade. My hair couldn't decide if it wanted to curl or be straight. Despite the red turtleneck sweater that I loved, my baby fang that was outside the realm of my braces, and my flyaway hair, the photograher still managed to snap the picture when my eyes were at half mast.
Danielle, you are the winner!  Send me an e-mail and we'll get your shoot scheduled.  I'm so excited!  I've already got a dumped-over can of paint drying in my basement.  ;)
Thanks again for entering, everyone!  Don't forget that the sessions are still available at the lower rate until September 25th.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor! This cracked us up! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who suffered through a serious awkward stage. I'll have to share my horrifying photos with you sometime. For now, here's a preview. So glad I have sister who has no issue deciphering what is (or is not) Facebook-worthy.

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=442835660224&set=t.560765604&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.