Tuesday, June 21, 2011

9 months

I waited to post this hoping to have the computer fixed so that I could use your 9-month pictures.  Your pictures are going to have to wait a bit to be posted, sweet thing.  Mom and Dad sure are frustrated with our messed up computer!


Dear Sweetest of pies, 


My oh my but you are busy, busy, busy!  I can't believe that just a few months ago, when you were still lying around on your back, I looked at one of your little friends at play group and commented on how fast she could crawl and now that's you.  You're the one tearing across the carpet, chasing your cousin, being chased by us, dancing to music, throwing yourself a ball and going after to catch it, hiding and peeking around furniture at Daddy, trying to run away from me when you have something you shouldn't be putting in your mouth.  You are suddenly a bonafide little person, and we love every hilarious second of it.  


You burned so many calories with your busyness this month that I was getting worried about how little you were.  At 8 and a half months you were still in 3-6 month clothes.  Then, without warning, we woke up one day and you were huge!  Well, huge for you.  You put on 2 pounds in 2 weeks and probably grew a couple of inches!  The doctor said that at 17 lbs 7 oz (with a big cloth diaper) you were at 34-40% for weight and 50% for height.  Daddy and I laugh about that because we always wondered if his bigness and my littleness would combine for an "average"-sized little one, and so far, we've been right!


You decided to boycott my homemade pureed baby food at the beginning of the month, insisting on being fed foods you could pick up and feed yourself.  Independent, much?  You are hilarious every time I place bits of food in front of you.  You study them, pick one up, taste it, then go for a huge handful.  You have an appreciation for savory, flavorful meals.  You only turn up your nose at food if it's not flavorful enough!  You don't even mind a little bit of spicy food.

Daddy and I about lose our minds trying to get kisses from you.  You are such a stinker about those kisses.  We'll pucker up, say, "Can I have a kiss?" and you'll look us square in the eyes, lean forward, and duck to the side.  You think it's hilarious.  When you actually do give us a kiss (which is more of an open-mouthed, slobbery lick) it feels like we won a prize.

I love our morning cuddles, and you do, too.  Your little voice will pop through the monitor, and even though it's always earlier than I want it to be, I can't help but smile.  You literally can go from sound asleep to bounding up with a huge smile on your face in less than a second.  You talk and yell and look at your tree over your bed.  You stand up in your crib, then one of us goes to get you and you laugh and bounce up and down like crazy.  Then we cuddle while you drink a bottle and I read you books and it's wonderful.

Oh, books.  Your favorite is "Sneakers the Seaside Cat" which stays at the beach.  You love it because the kitty looks like your kitty, and you amazed us by being able to grab the cat on the page when we ask, "Where's the kitty?" at only 8 and a half months.

You are still such an easy baby.  You go right down for naps and bed without a fuss, or if you do fuss it's only for a minute or two.  You still don't like to be alone, though.  Even in bed you need your gloworm, duck and blankie.  We are having such a hard time with you at church because you don't like to be left in the nursery.  I'm so glad you love your mom and dad, but I want you to know that other people are nice, too!

Even though you are easy and content, you've started being pretty dramatic when you do cry.  You picked up this back-of-the-throat cry that makes you sound like an angry little gremlin baby.  At first, it scared me, because I thought something was really wrong.  Then I figured out you were being dramatic and now I think it's a little funny.  You only do it when you're in a bad mood, or when you hear your cousin playing and I'm trying to make you take a nap.  I love that you don't want to miss anything, because it's so like me.

We love you so much, sweet thing, and we're so proud of you!  Keep growing and moving and shaking!

1 comment:

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.