Thursday, April 30, 2009

I do know why the caged bird sings, though

Your World

Georgia Douglas Johnson



Your world is as big as you make it.

I know, for I used to abide

In the narrowest nest in a corner,

My wings pressing close to my side.



But I sighted the distant horizon

Where the sky encircle the sea

And I throbbed with a burning desire

To travel this immensity.



I battered the cordons around me

And cradled my wings on the breeze

Then soared to the uttermost reaches

With rapture, with power, with ease!


























At what point do you forgo sense and reason to pursuit passions? When do being a good a "good steward" and trusting God stop being so juxtaposed? I've been sensible and reasonable my whole life. I'm kind of tired of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.