Wednesday, January 09, 2013

"Crisp-mas Tweats"

Christmas baking didn't happen this year.  I don't know how we skipped it; my sister and I each made batches of gluten-free snickerdoodles and chocolate chip, in the quiet of the night without little hands in the batter, and chilled little balls of dough to be baked at will throughout Christmas week.  While this method was brilliant, and made for a saner kitchen, we all still planned to do a family baking time to let the little ones (and not-so-little ones) do some decorating.  But it just didn't happen this year.  It's the first time in my memory that we skipped a tradition.

We did, however, still manage to make a different Christmas treat tradition happen; marshmellow Christmas wreaths.  Oh, how I loved those growing up!  The recipe is the same as rice krispie treats, except cornflakes are used instead of puffed rice and you add green food color to the marshmellow.  Then you butter up your hands and form the warm cornflakes into a circle and decorate them with cinnamon red hots to look like holly.  Adorable, festive, fun and yummy.

The girls had so much making them, and Sweet Pea keeps referring to them as "Crisp-mas Tweats," mixing up Christmas wreaths and krispy treats.  I love her so much.



Super fun to have buttery hands!


Bean looks so grown up.  Can't stand it.

Had to watch her closely or she'd swipe more treats.


(Different editing for me, just experimenting with something. My normal editing will be back in place pronto!)   

Maybe I'll be done posting Christmas pictures by the middle of January?  Maybe?  I still haven't uploaded like half of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.