Friday, April 13, 2012

Tour De South, yet again

We aren't even half-way through our Tour De South vacation!

On Monday morning my grandparents decided to take us to a place called Weeki Wachee Springs.  There is a natural spring there and they built an underground amphitheater there years ago and started having mermaid shows.  The performers can hold their breath a really long time.


They do a Little Mermaid Show that is basically any four-year-old girl's dream come true.  I was really, really missing Bean that day.


"'And, Ah-Pop, 'and?"

This day was the start of Sweet Pea's small obsession with "Ah-Pop."  While she says GiGi ("GeeGee") no problem, she doesn't say "G-Pop."  Only Ah-Pop.  She also always wants to hold hands constantly, and if there is more than one person around to hold her hand then she has to have one person on either side.  Her little voice implores, "Ands?  Ands?" and she stretches her tiny fingers toward you.  It's irresistible.

We watched the mermaid show with fascination.  I would go crazy underwater for that long!


I would go even crazier if I had to wear a friendly turtle costume.



We also got to watch an animal show.  Sweet Pea really liked the alligators.  We enjoyed a picnic lunch while listening to the squawks of peacocks roosting in the trees.  Did you know my mom wants a pet peacock?  She can't have one though because the Jack Russell terrier would eat it for dinner.  I think I would want to eat it for dinner too if I had to listen to that loud squawking all the time.

We also got to go for a boat ride through the beautiful spring-fed river.  It was so calm and relaxing that our baby fell asleep in my arms, which is basically my favorite thing in the world.  I am thankful she is petite!



Positively kissable.  Times ten.  I kissed that little face dozens of times during our second mermaid show.  I was still wearing my sunglasses because I could move my hands to switch back to my regular glasses.  (Side note- I think I am doomed to wear glasses the rest of my life.  I have not been able to comfortably wear contacts since last September.  My eye doctor thinks it's for good.  Sigh.  I want laser surgery!)

After the park we went out for milkshakes at Steak and Shake.  My grandparents spoiled us big time with treats.  Sweet Pea liked Daddy's shake so much we couldn't get her to let go.  I think she got a brain freeze!


"Hat, Ah-Pop, hat!"  How could he say no?
Want to know the best part about staying in a retirement community in Florida?  Their pool is heated to 84 degrees.  Very convenient, because did you know that I don't go in water any more unless it is heated to 84 degrees?

 
Darn straight, she says.

1 comment:

  1. This post is so wonderful, Taylor...and it makes me want to head straight down to Florida today. Little W looks absolutely gorgeous in that last picture! Oh, and where did you get your beautiful dress!? It looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.