Monday, March 26, 2012
Just checking in
This blog has gotten very little attention as of late for a multitude of reasons:
1. The weather has been phenomenal. Why look at a computer when you can play?
2. The weather has made allergies. Why look at a computer when your nose is runny?
3. Sweet Pea has been going to bed late and waking up early. Why look at a computer when you can take a nap?
4. I made a new website. I looked at a computer entirely too much while making it and wanted to destroy all computers forever when it was over. Except that would defeat the purpose.
5. We went away on a retreat with teenagers this past weekend. It was wonderful. I didn't take my camera because, well, see number four. I needed an electronic break.
6. We have been deliciously busy. We've caught worms, seen friends, gone to the zoo, seen more friends, had Mexican food outside, learned new words, made apple and brie sandwiches, played outside some more, gone to the aquarium, celebrated a birthday, cleaned the house maybe once, let the laundry pile up until my sweet husband took care of it for me, saw Groovy and Aunt Monica, went away on the retreat, etc. Generally life has been grand and I love being so very present in it all.
7. We've been potty training. It's going okay, but she won't be diaper-less for quite some time still, in spite of how enamored she is with the "Ickers" she gets whenever she goes. The cat came in the bathroom the other day and used the litter box while Sweet Pea was on her potty. The cat got a sticker. Sweet Pea knows she gets one sticker when she goes, but she always looks at me after she gets one and asks, "Tew? Tew?" She always wants two stickers.
8. Sweet Pea calls soup "oops." It is adorable. That has nothing to do with why I haven't been blogging.
9. On Friday morning I had approximately 124098 things to do. Then my baby fell asleep in my arms on the couch and I made the very wise decision to throw it all to the wind and stay there holding her staring at her precious sleeping face. I knew I wouldn't get that half hour back that day, and I didn't care because I'm never getting that half hour back, you know?
10. I love baby girl clothes. I've been getting out spring stuff and yay!
And now for a few unedited (as usual on this blog) photos. Their coordinating outfits were completely unplanned.
at 11:19 AM