Thursday, February 16, 2012

If I was invisible

Do you remember that song, "If I Was Invisible" by Clay Aiken?  Grammatically speaking, the song annoys me because it should be, "If I Were Invisible."  Creepily speaking, the song annoys me because it's super creepy.  "...Then I could just watch you in your room"?  No, thanks.

Someone was trying to practice being invisible today, but I don't think she quite got the hang of it.


C'mon, kiddo.  Don't you know the hiding the feet is the first rule of behind-the-curtains?
It's an interesting concept, though.  What would someone see if they were invisible in my home?  Creep-factor aside, it's maybe good to think about.  I would hope that someone would see love, fun, and kindness.  That they would see cuddling and laughing, reading and playing.  Encouraging, learning and hugging.  

And kissing.  Lots and lots of kissing.

Some days, like today, really do look like that around here.  Some days, well, some days don't.  That's ok, because some days have colds and flus and stress and teething, and some days have them all at once.  But I prefer days like today, which was a little slower because Mama is sick but was still nice.  We went to playgroup, we took naps, we ate a big lunch (an accomplishment with my frustrating eater- we made a game out of it and she ate like a champ), we colored, we played with her doll house, we read books, we ate Valentine chocolate.


I call that the "British humor" face.
She reminds me so much of my Dad when does something funny but makes the
"I'm trying not to smile" face.  

 
I, for one, ate two gluten-free chocolate-covered cherry cupcakes at church small group tonight.  Can a day be anything but awesome when that happens?  I submit that it can not.  When my friend walked in with those beautiful cupcakes, I eyed them ever-so-longingly.  A few minutes later she announced that the bottom ones were gluten-free (I didn't even think she knew about our gluten thing) and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  It is entirely possible that I secretly teared up a little.  

Maybe I was invisible I would have eaten the whole plate.  They were that good.  

I am stressing over various things tonight, but as I sit here typing, I am reminded that today was good. It was just a good day, through and through, in spite of some stressors that wanted to bring it down. I am working on handling stress better, with less anxiety, because the fact is that someone always is watching me.  She's not so invisible; she's tiny and pink and busy and all ears and eyes.  I want her to see that her mama celebrates the good and trusts God with the hard.  There's a lot on my mind, but tomorrow will take care of itself. 

I hope it's as good as today.  

Pink socks peeping over pink boots?  I'll take two.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.