Friday, November 04, 2011

Up and go

This post was supposed to have gone up on Monday. I don't know what happened that it didn't!

Today was a professional day at my husband's school. For most schools, that really means no work, but not at his place. So, I was quite startled when I was woken from a sound sleep by the sound of the front door opening during a nap with the baby. I knew it was one of two things; either we were getting robbed or my husband was home early. Thankfully, it was the latter, and I could barely contain my excitement. In spite of yet another sore throat and bodily ache-fest, I was instantly full of all sorts of ways to fill our newfound afternoon. The ideas included new shelving, cleaning out the laundry room storage, and tearing out the dead parts of the garden. My husband was obliging, but not exactly enthused. So after a few moments of looking at each other, I said, "You know what? Forget it. Let's go for a bike ride."

So we loaded up and went. I took four ibuprofen and we put the pedal to the metal and it was the best thing we could possibly have done with our afternoon, hands down.

Although I do still want those shelves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.