Friday, August 05, 2011

A day away

Today I had my first phone chat with my daughter. it was music to my ears to hear that little voice answer my "hi, baby!" with "haaaaa mama!" and say "woof woof" when I asked her what a doggie says. It made being away so much easier. How crazy is that? My first day away is the one she firsts figures out the phone. She totally knew it was me and loved talking to me.

Also, today she adorably put herself down for a nap while I was running around like a crazy person. She was playing in her room, but she got tired so she found her puppy and cuddled up for a nap. She is practically a teenager with all of her independence.

Her daddy said she played hide and seek with him and tickled him tonight for the first time. I have a feeling I'm going to come home to a whole new kid.

I am so glad to be here at camp, even though I cried intermittently my whole 6+ hour drive. It is like coming home to family and I can't wait for us to get our game on. Because seriously, we rock when we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.