Friday, June 03, 2011

A Shore Thing

My baby had her first visit to the beach on Friday.  I spent most of my time trying to keep her from eating sand and trying to keep myself warm.  Oh, and keep her warm.  It was chilly with those ocean breezes!  I also spent a good amount of time trying to keep my baby from pulling my on my new cute suit.  I had anticipated this problem, and decided against the cute bikini I wanted and instead hunted down a really cute one piece.

Can I just say, for the record, that I thought I would turn totally dowdy staying home because it would be a personal choice for comfort of yoga pants and old t-shirts?  Instead, I am currently sentenced to no jewelry, hair always up, and I guess even beach cover-ups only because my baby grabs everything and slobs all over it.  My mom keeps telling me to just wear my necklaces and such and she'll learn, but somehow I think that is just going to lead to a lot of broken jewelry and uncomfortable beach situations before she finally learns when she's like 11.5ish.

But enough about my loss of cute.  My baby makes up for it!

I mean, seriously.  Don't you just want to chew on those perfect little elbows?  And why are baby toes just about the cutest things ever in the entire world?  I look at them and I feel like my entire insides are going to collapse from love and adoration and sweetness and sugar and love and cute and love.



We got to the beach and she thought it was pretty interesting.  She smiled at the waves, ate some sand, and then promptly fell asleep.

"Dude, that's cold!"

  



After her nap, which was awesome because her Daddy got a good long cuddle and I got to read a magazine, we played in the sand.  Well, some people ate the sand.  But other people played.








They are already little beach bums, these babies.  I'm good with that.

2 comments:

  1. 1. That first picture is AMAZING.
    2. Where did you get the little flower cover-up? (And please don't tell me a yard sale or a thrift store, because then how I am supposed to find one for Ellie????"

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you heard about teething bling? http://www.smartmomjewelry.com/

    i saw a friend with a son who likes to put everything in his mouth. she like it because its safe for her son to slobber over.

    just a thought. Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.