Saturday, April 23, 2011

AKA Creepster Bunny

My mom, my sister, Bean, Sweet Pea and I went on Wednesday to see the Easter Bunny.  Bean couldn't wait.  Sweet Pea was so excited she had to chew on her aunt's water bottle to keep from exploding.

  
The girls in line in front of us did not want anything to do with the Easter Bunny.  We are, after all, talking about a giant rabbit with human hands, a head five times bigger than normal, and an unmoving smile that covers half of his face.  It's the stuff nightmares are made of.  We tell our kids not to talk to strangers with candy, but we merrily march them up to old men in red suits and to rabbits on steroids and tell the kids to sit on their laps and smile so we can take pictures.

I love Santa, but the Easter Bunny?  He's really creepy.

Bean's joy was indefatigable though, and she marched up to the little girls and told them it was ok, the Easter Bunny was nice.  However, when her turn came, she ever-so-kindly decided to let Sweet Pea go first.

After all, if the giant rabbit on steroids suddenly develops a taste for human flesh, wouldn't a nice chubby baby be tastier than a big, grown-up, three-year-old?

So Sweet Pea went first.  And I may or may not be concerned that she had no concerns at all about leaving her Mama's arms for the arms of a furry beast with a mouth bigger than her whole head.

  
And yes, I only visit costumed folk where I can bring my own camera.  Because even my awkward-angle, too-little-light shot is better than their $25 one.  Ghetto memory-making at it's finest.

  
Have you ever noticed that they try to make things less scary by giving them blue eyes?  This concept makes very little sense to me.  Apparently it did to the makers of this Easter Bunny costume, too, so they decided to go with blue eyelids instead.  Good call, guys.  Way less scary.

You know what I would have done?  I would have made him a giant Reester Bunny.  A giant bunny made of chocolate and peanut butter with whom I can cuddle and smile?  Yes, please!  I'll take two.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:30 PM

    I think it's not that the bunny is creepy ... I think it's just old! I bet, one day many decades ago, this bunny was all white and very hip looking. Ewwww ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I love this. I was laughing a ton.

    2. That bunny is a creeper. I would be scared.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.