Monday, February 07, 2011

Word of the Year

The author of one of my favorite blogs, Enjoying the Small Things, asked today, "What is your word of the year?"  She wanted her readers to answer in her comments for a small contest.  Normally, I'm not much of a contest enter-er for blogs, but I went ahead and commented because I was intrigued by the question.

I answered, "Love."  It sounded so cliche, but I couldn't think of anything else that really is my word that encompasses everything right now.  I'm just so enamored with our new little person that love seems so right.  It's contentedness, sweetness, warmth, peace, softness all rolled into one.  I just feel like every nerve ending is buzzing with joy when I tickle her toes and she laughs, when she's nursing and she suddenly stops and looks up into my eyes and giggles, when she's curled up in the nook of my arm sound asleep, when she wakes up all bleary-eyed and smiles.

I think I thought of a better word.

Twitterpated.

 I love the nose-crinkle.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:42 AM

    I love your word. :) I entered and chose "simplicity" ... maybe if it's hanging around my neck, it will actually be ... maybe.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.