Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Tiniest Terp

 We were blessed tonight with the sudden gift of two extra tickets to our beloved Terps' basketball game!  Our friend is the new Director of Operations of the women's team and he left the tickets for us at will call.  The Terps were playing College of Charleston.  (Side note:  Can I just say that I love Charleston?)  We were super excited.
"Dear Cindy,  Thanks for the hat.  Clearly I love basketball as much as you and my mom."
 The baby loved every second!  Actually, she was awake for quite a bit and seemed to love looking around at everything and "dancing" to the songs.  When she was asleep though and the crowd would go nuts over something, she would jump really big.  Adorable.
 He is so proud to have his little Terp!  And that halo is some Terp trophy.  I think the NCAA one. 

 Can I just say that it is the strangest thing in the world to go back to your alma mater with your baby?  I felt so grown when I was in college.  But tonight I looked at all the freshman and was like, "Um, what?  I'm heading toward being a decade older than you?  You were born in the 90s???  But you look like such a little kid, standing there with your dorm swipey card on your UMD lanyard in your flipflops and sweatshirt flirting with boys.  But you are old enough to be meeting your future spouse, with whom you'll end up with your own tiny term!  I was only 19 when I met my husband!  That was 7 years ago!  We made a baby!  AHHH!

Then my brain melted.

But I got it together enough for this snapshot.  
But seriously, my brain is melted.  Seriously. 

I was thinking as we were walking on campus (and ok, maybe getting a little choked up) how much I miss those college days.  But then I remembered how awesome these days are.  Tell anyone who tells you that college is the best time of your life to go get a life.  Because it just keeps getting better.
Better, I tell you, so much better. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:28 AM

    She is so cute in her terps get up. :) Does she love Mortimer the Moose as much as N does? Adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.