Sunday, October 03, 2010

Tale as Old as Time

Yesterday we went to our first movie.  Beauty and the Beast is getting re-released on Tuesday and our local theater had a mid-day SING ALONG show.  Um, yes please.  So, we had a girls' outing; me, baby, my sister, my niece, my mom, my friend L and her baby E, and my friend S. 

Baby loved when I sang along to her.  Any time she got a little fussy it seemed a new song started, and as soon as I started singing she quieted right down.  She loved the theme song best.  My favorite is the Gaston song.  Here are my favorite lines:

"...then goes stomping around wearing BOOTS like Gaston!"
"...and every last inch of me's covered with HAIR!"
"...so I'm roughly the size of a BARGE!"
"...I use antlers in all of my deeeeeecorating!"

My, what a guy, that Gaston!

Later, we went to see all of the girls dressed up for homecoming.  I still can't get over the fact that they are seniors.



It totally freaks me out that it really won't be very long before we're doing this with our tiny little Sweet Pea.  It will be pretty fun taking her shopping, though.  And doing her hair.  And taking her pictures.  And having her Daddy scare the livin' life out of the boy that takes her out the door.  (Although if the boy is anything like these two boys, he won't scare him SO much.) 



Are they not the most beautiful girls? 
She'll be big so fast.  Already today I noticed that she looks older, more filled out.  We have a lot of fun ahead of us.

She was pretty tuckered out at the end of the day.  She loves to cuddle with her Daddy when she's tuckered out.  I love to make her look like a little papoose.


Today was so relaxing.  She got to meet the rest of her wonderful cousins, then we napped.  Then we had our first family dinner all together, with her in her new chair.

Watching us cook...is this chair not the best?


Holding hands for family prayer.
Who knew that so simple could be so wonderful?  I guess it's just like they've always said; there's nothing like having your own baby, your own family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.