Thursday, October 07, 2010

A Special Day

One of the great, unexpected joys of my life has been watching my friends become parents.  To see two people I know and love get married and begin a life together, then create this tiny little person who looks like both of them and watch their love for each other spill over into something exponentially greater has been a true blessing.  I've learned so much from my friends through the way they love their babies. 

Today is a special day.  Today is my friends' son Isaac's second birthday.  Two years ago today, Isaac was born and lived for 16 precious minutes before he went to be with Jesus.  Watching his parents become parents and love their son with the kind of selfless and total love so few get to experience has taught me so much about what being a mom is really about.  Isaac has touched countless other lives because his parents chose to savor every second of his life from the moment they knew about him.  They are so proud of him and the way his life glorified God in every way. 

Some day my daughter will see Isaac's picture and ask who he is.  I will get to tell her about Ellie's big brother and how special he is.  I will get to tell her that he was unfathomably loved from the moment his parents knew about him, just like her.  One day, when she is older, we'll talk about what it looks like to trust God no matter what, and I'll tel her about Isaac and his parents and their faith in the Lord.

It's been neat to see how our tiny baby recognizes some of the voices and sounds she heard while she was in my womb.  She loves to listen to her cousin, her daddy, me and certain songs.  When I think of the countless prayers prayed over Isaac, the worship songs his mom and dad played every day for him, I can't help but think how well Isaac must have already known the voice of God.  What a gift to give your child, that kind of connection with His creator. 

It's a great gift to have the experience of other friends to help guide you in the midst of being a new parent, but it's an even greater gift to have already seen them lead by example in the way they love their children.  The Delisle's lives are a testimony to the gift of life, to true faith in Christ, to trusting your children to the Lord, and to the fact that any and every sacrifice we can make or do or be on behalf of our children is unquestionably worth it.  Because of their example to our family, our daughter's life will be blessed; all because of special little boy named Isaac.

Take a few minutes to read Isaac's story, and share it with others. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Taylor, I just love your blog so much. It helps me feel that I am there with you guys on a daily basis. Love and miss you all. The baby looks like you by the way. Love Aunt Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this :) I wasn't online much yesterday and am just reading this now. Your words are such a gift to me, Taylor. Thanks for taking the time to remember our precious boy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.