Thursday, September 09, 2010

Dreams Do Come True

I can't remember not wanting to be a mom someday.

I just really like mothering things, be they ferrets named Eldrich or my little sister.

Actually, I think since I'm an oldest, I just like bossing things.
Oh look, there's my mom looking perfect again after having a baby.  Hi, Mom!  Look at my face, can't you tell I just can't wait to boss that baby?  I used to get my sister to do what I wanted by saying things like, "Well, fine, I'm not playing unless I'm this Barbie," or, "Well, I'm the oldest so of course I get to be the teacher."  Good thing my sister was nice and would comply, or I would have been pretty bored as a kid.

The truth is, I really have always wanted to be a mom.  I always knew I would be one day.  Several major life decisions (college major, for example) have been influenced with my knowing that I dreamed of having babies.  This baby is a dream come true for us.  I know that "mom" isn't going to be the only part of my life that defines who I am, but I'm excited about the part it's going to play.  I'm interested to see how all the pieces of who I am and who I am going to be fit together.  I know I have such a vast amount to learn, but I also think it's pretty neat the things that are already on my "resume" for this new job in life.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! And soon your little one will be around for you to mother... or boss... or both. Your blogger buzz is awesome, keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.