Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Typical Conversation


Me: Hey Bean, what's in my belly?

Niece: Dat's my baby in dere!

Me: Oh really? Your baby? Is it a boy or a girl?

Niece: Hmmm...(squinting eyes, chin in hand)...a dirl!

Me: You think it's a girl baby?

Niece: A boy!

Me: Oh, it's a boy baby?

Niece: A boy-girl?

Me: Well, it can't be both, silly! Boy or girl?

Niece: Hmmm....a boy!

Me: Ok, what's his name?

Niece: Hmmm....Simba!

Me: Oh, his name is Simba? That's a nice name.

Niece: No, Pid-let! (Piglet)

Me: Oh, his name is Piglet?

Niece: Uh-huhhhh...I want to p-yay pat-a-tate (play patty cake) with the baby!

Me: Ok!

*Niece will sing a full song of patty cake while patting my belly, then start giggling like crazy.*
Niece: Da baby's so funny!

Me: Really? Why?

Niece, still laughing: Because I'm tick-lin it! *Pokes finger into my belly button*

This goes on every time we talk about the baby. She loves to look at my belly, kiss my belly, show her toys to the baby by pushing them up to my belly...it goes on and on! She also constantly talks about "how funny" the baby is. So cute. It gets less cute when my mom or sister gives me one of her outgrown toys for the baby. All of a sudden she'll get this look like, "Um, excuse me, what? I did not sign up for this!" then go into a chorus of "mine!" My mom turned it into a game though and now she loves to "give p-yesents to Tay-yer for the baby." If this baby is half as awesome as my niece, we are golden.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Awww! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I LOVE IT! Can't wait to hear whether it's a boy or girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. this is so cute, T!! Can't wait to hear the gender:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.