Monday, March 15, 2010

It's human BEING

The day my niece was born she was placed screaming in my arms at about 5 minutes old.  I took one look at her and said, "You are so tiny!  Human beans should not be so sad!" 

Thus, a nickname was born.  Bean, Beanie, Beansly, Baby Bean, Beanie Baby...she gets it all and answers to all of it.  She just was too small to look like a real human being.  She had a to be a human bean

Today, one of my ninth graders turned in a well-written research paper in MLA format on her topic of choice.  Her topic is the abortion debate.  Second paragraph, sentence two reads:

"Most pro-life people belive that an unborn child is still considered a human bean because it is alive."

Amen, sister. 

On another note, here's the comment of a sixth grade student while taking answering the question, "Compare the actions ofMiss Crocker and Mama Logan following the textbook incident" on a test for Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry:

"Um, Mrs. Smith?  For number seven, do they just want us to think about it or write it down?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.