Thursday, January 07, 2010

Campaign for Better Nutrition

This is an excellent article.

While I must admit I have not read all 49 pages of Colleen Kavanaugh's research, I was both fascinated and wholly unsurprised by what I did read. My private school does a relatively (note the term relative) decent job on the health factor of lunches here, but I am working on seeing if we can't sneak in some fresh fruit on pizza day. I know, I know- pizza day? I am NOT going to be the ogre who suggests the removal of pizza day!

I wish we could enforce the "eat your veggies and fruit first" rule that I grew up with here at school. Such a good rule! How many time growing up did I hear my mom say, "Always eat the veggies first, while you are hungriest and they are hottest!" To this day I love brussell sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.