Thursday, July 10, 2014

Blue Blueberries

Oh, blueberry farm.  How I dreamed of you all through that long, cold, dark winter.  How I longed for those quiet, remote fields of nothing but bird and bugs and those sweet little spots of edible sunshine.  It seemed almost too good to be true that at last we could go back and pick berries in the hot summer sun, sweat dripping and sun burning and sweetness tasting.   We picked enough to last through the winter, to eat from the freezer on days when it seems that summer will never return and we will be reminded that it did and it will.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Full disclosure:  The small people were interested in blueberry picking for approximately 2 and 3/4 minutes.  Then it was all, "I'm hot!" and "I'm thirsty!" and "She's touching me!" and screaming because somewhere was a bug and someone's toe got pricked by a thorn and warnings were given and threats made and so help me JUSTPICKTHEFLIPPINGBLUEBERRIES.  Eventually Sweet Pea just followed me like the little bear in blueberries for Sal and was eating faster than I could pick and so they got sent to the car to sit and be quiet and let me and Nana pick to our heart's content.  They were bribed with cookies.  I thought Peanut would love the pack n' play idea but he was having none of it that day, which makes sense because he only wants to be with people always.  So he went picking with me since I wasn't hot enough already and promptly fell asleep.

They could not and would not slow our roll.  Because BLUEBERRIES.  Blueberries the size of the end of my thumb and oh so sweet and delicious.

 
Keepin' it real, kids, keepin' it real.

 
Between two days, we've picked 19 lbs of blueberries.  And I was in heaven.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.