Thursday, December 06, 2012

Today

My baby in a field, from back in October.  



Today I am stressed and overwhelmed and feeling like I have a million things to do.  Something about this image reminds me to take a deep breath and slow down.

Today I am eating gluten-free apple pie for breakfast.  That has nothing to do with anything, other than that stress makes me eat apple pie for breakfast.  Stress and just the fact that I wanted apple pie for breakfast.

Today I need a new memory card and more RAM.  Why I can't I get more RAM added to my brain?

Today I want to do nothing else but alternately sleep and stare at our Christmas tree.

Today there is a giant wooden bunny in our front yard.

Today my bedroom has the same pile of unfolded laundry that's been there for over a week.

Today our Christmas tree is lopsided.

Today I need to wash everyone's sheets, but I probably won't.

Yesterday I said that this is the life I was meant to have, and that I love it.  Today, in spite of it all, I still meant what I said and said what I meant.

Yesterday my baby wouldn't go to sleep and kept coming up with a million reasons why I should go be with her.  Finally, because she knows she can't miss with this one, her sweet little voice called, "Mama?  Snuggle you?  Pwease?" and I called back, "Okay, Baby!" thinking I would go pick her up and hug her and put her back down.  One second later I heard an enormous thud followed by screaming.  I guess she took it all literally and decided she would get out of her crib her self to come snuggle with me.  In spite of tears and worries, today she is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.