Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Just remember

My child woke up multiple times during the night last night, then was up from basically 5:30. She has a cold.  At 7 I pulled her into bed with me. We snuggled quietly, and just as we were both dozing off (or so I thought) a sweet little voice whispers in my ear, "Mama? Ap-pull...crips?" She remembered that I put an apple crostada in the oven before she went to bed and that I'd told her she could have some for breakfast.  She calls is apple crisp.  Well, crips.  Apple crips.  Suddenly the day looked a little brighter.  

Last night, we were playing outside at sunset.  We were hunting fairies.  She kept putting her finger to her lips and saying, "Shhh!  Fair-wees...quiet.  Look!"  She looked very, very carefully.  

She calls spiders "eww p-ciders" and calls apple cider "p-ciyer."

I was talking to Bean on the phone the other day and I could hear the TV on the news in the background
"Hey Taylor! Oh! There's fire on TV!"

"Yikes. How did the fire get there?"


"Um, well...I think probably they had a pet dragon and it got wild."

"Yeah, you're probably right."

Just some things I want to remember forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.