Today, sweet baby, you are two. Two whole years of giggling, of boo-boos that need kissing, of cuddling and learning and growing. You are a spunky, sweet, funny little thing with a personality way bigger than your tiny little frame.
You are so excited about this birthday. We've been talking about for a couple of weeks, ever since you went to your friend Marie's birthday party and your friend Johnny's birthday party in the same weekend. We also watched some kids' shows that featured birthday parties and when I was asking you about your birthday tonight and what you wanted to do you said, "Mama? Hat!" and I realized you want a hat like Hallie had for her birthday on Doc McStuffins. You want to eat pizza and cake (chocolate cake, if asked what kind) and tonight in the car you listed all of the friends you want at your party. You remembered all of your immediate family members, including Groovy and GiGi and Gpop, then listed a few friends. You were quiet for awhile, then said, "Mama? Es-ser. Come, too." You remembered your friend's baby sister and wanted her at your party. You want to be "a big girl" and every time we ask what you want for your birthday you say, "own cyc-lil-o." You want your very own bicycle, so you can be just like your cousin.
This being a "big girl" is so important to you. You are running and jumping and dancing and playing all kinds of make-believe games. You are almost potty trained all ready, and you talk in sentences and want to do everything I do- and say everything I say. You love to clean up messes, which is both sweet and funny. You're good at it, too!
- playing dress-up
- splashing in the water, especially at the beach
- eating blueberries, smoothies, pizza, ice cream, or french fries (your favorite foods)
- playing kitchen (you love to "make" us food and bring it to us)
- cuddling your babies
- playing with your doll house (you put all of the dollies to bed and have them climb the stairs)
- watching Doc McStuffins, Elmo or Kipper (your favorite shows)
- going to the park
- animals, in every shape and size
- feeding the horses (you take this job very, very seriously)
- singing (you hum and chatter along with everything, but you can sing ABCs, Happy Birthday, and a couple of others completely on your own
- counting (you count to 13, but refuse to go higher! We think you think numbers stop at 13)
- dancing (any time you hear music you have to dance)
You love to cuddle and my favorite words in the whole world are, "Mama? Cuddle me? Cuddle you, too? Hugs. Tiss-es!" You won't go to bed without a proper cuddle while we sing together. You request your favorite songs, although more often than not you choose the theme song to Doc McStuffins. (Your obsession with that show is pretty funny.) I love that time together before bed so very much, especially when Daddy plays his guitar for us.
Baby girl, when I think about you and my dreams and hopes for your future, I care about nothing more than this; that you love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. I want you to know undeniably how much you are loved and how precious you are to us and to your Maker. I want you to grow up with the peace and confidence that comes from knowing you are loved, loved, loved. Then I want you to go forth and give to others and be happy.
Happy Birthday, sweet babyness. We love you so much.