Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bows

While I was putting away some laundry, my baby girl came up to me with a tiny rubber band in her hand asking, "Bow?  Bow?" I asked her if she wanted me to put the bow in her hair and she handed it to me and looked expectant.  She waited patiently while I tied the band around a little bit of her beautiful hair.  Then she walked away happily and didn't take the bow out of her hair.

In other words, my joy is complete.  I can die happy.


UPDATE.

After dinner, we were having a post-dinner cuddle watching Little House on the Prairie.  (She LOVES this show, which I have on DVD.  Hilarious.)  Anyway, she was a little fussy and miserable from being sick, so I said, "Maybe if you ask Daddy kindly he will get you some chocolate."  Of course, in no way did I expect that she would understand me or try to ask, but instantly her little head turned to him and she asked, "Oc-at?  Oc-at?" in the sweetest, most excited little voice.

He instantly hopped up and got her a little cup of chocolate chips.  I mean, who could resist?

Bows AND chocolate.  A girl after my own heart.  NOW I can die complete; my work here is done. 
  

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous!!!!! Maybe someday Emme will let me do her hair, let alone brush it without screaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:27 AM

    WOO HOO! Love our girly girls. N is loving bows, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Good job mom!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.