Saturday, June 11, 2011

Make Way for Ducklings

We have an overnight guest.  We love it when Bean stays over, because fun (and funny) always follows close behind her.  She loves staying here too, except at 11:00 at night when she's had a little too much fun and can't sleep.

"Why are you crying, sweetie?"

"Because...because my heart is breaked, Taylor!"

"Oh, honey, your heart isn't broken!  Can't you feel it right there?  Why did you think you heart was broken?"

"Because I miss Nana so much I breaked my heart!"

Fortunately, a little Ferdinand (also known as "Fordinary" for little people who can't say "Ferdinand") and a little cuddle was all it took to push past into dream land.

This morning it was gluten-free blueberry waffles and a little playtime together.

  

  

  

 Oh hey, it's the best purchase ever.  I'd wanted one of
these suckers so much, and I got this one for $3.50!

  

  

  
It's fun to see them play together so well.  Sweet Pea is very aware that she wants to do everything her big cousin can do, which includes crying if Bean gets a drink and she wants one, too.  It makes me excited to give her a sibling one day.

Next, it was off to the lake for a little walk in the sweltering humidity.  We found what we went for, and I couldn't have been happier for my littles who were enamored.

  
















3 comments:

  1. haha...such sweet cousin memories!! They are going to love looking at these lovely photographs someday, Taylor:). I love the closeup of Waverly with the ducks in the background...she looks so tired and sweet. And what gorgeous eyelashes she has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:35 PM

    Great pictures! (as always!!) We had that piano - both our kids LOVED it too! What a deal you got on it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute. I love the shots with the ducks. Beautiful :) And I think Ellie has that piano from my cousin... waiting until she can hold her head up consistently before busting out the big toys!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.