Friday, March 18, 2011

Except he might have been a robot

I have a new best friend.  His name is Akber.  I'm pretty sure he lives in India.  He works for Amazon.com and he is super nice.  Check it out.

You are now connected to Akber from Amazon.com.
Me:Hello! I ordered a book called "The Bone People" but called to have it replaced because it was in bad shape. They sent a new one, but the new one is in worse shape than the first one. They over-nighted the second book because I needed to give it as a gift. So, I gave him the first book even though it looked used and now I want to return the second one instead.
Akber:Hello, my name is Akber, and I'm really sorry to hear about the problem you had with the book you received.
Me:Thanks!
Akber:you're welcome
Akber:Are both the books which you received have got the same defect.
Akber:Leonard, are you with me?
 
(I got distracted talking to my mom on the phone.  Akber thinks my name is Leonard because it's my husband's account.)
 
Me:Yes, they are both very beat up. They look used.
Me:The one that came has broken binding
Akber:I'm really sorry about that.
Akber:Since it's likely another replacement would arrive damaged, I won't trouble you with another replacement. 
Akber:Please return the book for a full refund.We'll pay for the return shipping costs. 
Me:Ok, thanks. I did not return the first book, though, I still have a return label for that.
Me:I went ahead and gave that first book to person I bought it for. 
Akber:Then you can return the replacement order.
Me:ok thanks.
Akber:You’re welcome! 
Me:Have a nice weekend!
 
 At this point, I thought the conversation was over.  But no!  It gets better!

Akber:thank you
Akber: Leonard, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced in this case.
Akber:To compensate this inconvenience, I have issued a $5.00 promotional certificate to your account.
Me:That's ok, Akber. 
Me:Wow, thank you very much!
Akber:you're welcome Leonard 

I mean, seriously?  This conversation is REAL.  I have never been treated no nicely by a customer service person!  I feel like royalty!  This is the best inconvenience I have ever had.  I hope this will be a long-standing friendship.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:07 PM

    Seriously! I LOVE AMAZON because of their customer service (and their awesome prices). For some reason, a box of wipes I had ordered awhile back were taking FOREVER to get to me so I called Amazon to see what was up. They said they had been shipped with the wrong timeframe and to "ease my frustration" ... put $20 in my Amazon account! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!

    I love Akber.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.