Thursday, January 20, 2011

North Carolina Wedding

Goodness, I have a lot of catching up to do around here!  Things have been a bit busy, and I even left town last week for five whole days sans hubby and baby to spend some time with a dear friend for her wedding.  It was wonderful, but hard to be away, but more on that later.  First, I need to put store up some memories of another wonderful wedding, the way we rang in the new year.

My hubby has been friends with Wes since kindergarten.  Can you believe that?  I don't think I know anyone else who has stayed friends with someone since kindergarten.  They only went to school together that one year, but have stayed friends ever since.  Wes married Gio on New Year's Day, and Lenny got to stand with them as a groomsman as they said their vows.  I can't even tell you how awesome this couple is.  We wish so much that we lived closer to them.  They are so much fun; Wes has a truly contagious laugh and Gio is quite possibly the most genuinely friendly person ever.  She simply exudes warmth.

This trip was also our first long one with a baby.  Lenny couldn't take any extra time off of work, but he had Friday (New Year's Eve) off.  We decided that in order to beat traffic and have a better shot of a happy traveling baby, we'd leave Thursday night after work.  That was the best plan ever.  The baby slept for the first 4.5 hours, and when she started to wake up we decided to call it a night and stop at a roadside motel. 

Have I mentioned how much I love our camper?  That motel was kind of like camping, except unlike the sheets and blankets in our camper, I'm not sure when the ones in the motel have been properly washed.  Eek!  Moving on...

We got up the next morning and met up at the house for some quality hang out time.  I love day-before-wedding-time.  The air is so full of excitement and good tension and details, and everyone is tired but so happy.  It's that whole "let's get this show on the road" feeling.  We had fun hanging out and enjoying BBQ after the rehearsal, then, being the old-folks that we now are, we headed back to the hotel (yes, hotel- the nicest one I've ever stayed in!) to cuddle with the baby and watch the ball drop.
Guys and baby dolls

Could there be a better way to ring in the new year?

Whatevs. Times Square
  The wedding went off without a hitch and was so beautiful.  I don't have many pics because I was juggling the baby, but she didn't make a peep during the ceremony.  Good stuff!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Yay for friends and yay for a new marriage. 

2 comments:

  1. Weddings are so happy!

    Your little girl's New Year's Eve outfit is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e. :)

    Came here via your comment on Finding My Feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back, Taylor! I missed your posts:). How cool that Lenny has know the groom since kindergarten!!

    By the way, I LOVE Waverly's little Polo dress.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.