Monday, January 03, 2011

Irish Twins

No, I'm not having another yet!  (Haha, did I getcha for a second?) 

My sweet friend T posted on her blog just a little bit ago that her weekly Parents.com update came with the blaring questions, "Ready for another?"  Really, Parents.com? Sheesh, back off!  Baby N is only 10 months old!

The post struck me as extra hilarious though, due to my own thoughts and experiences this morning.

My grandma Jean (dad's mom) had Irish twins.  She had my dad a mere 10 months after my aunt.  Granted, my dad was little premature, but still!  Less than a year apart!  Good thing my aunt and dad were great kids.  :)

I've been mildly sick to my stomach all last night and today, a side effect of my newly missing gall bladder.  This, of course, has brought up horrible memories of my morning sickness, which lasted into the early part of my sixth month and came back again at the end of the 8th.

As I literally gagged my way through a change of a particularly awful diaper this morning, I couldn't help but think to myself, "God bless my grandma.  And thank you, Lord, that it's not me!"

Note to self:  Get a handle on smells making you throw up, or you better plan for next baby AFTER first baby is out of diapers.  And note to C and E, who changed and have been changing babies while in the throes of morning sickness:  Ladies, you are on my mommy super hero list!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:45 PM

    That is EXACTLY my plan ... have N out of diapers (or on her way out) before #2 makes his/her appearance. ;) Thanks for the shout out, friend. LOVE YOU!

    P.S. I can pick you up a preg test on my way to see you on Friday ... I'm just saying ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:25 PM

    I'm just checking to see if my response will post ;)

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.