Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Dreams

I wake up approximately 84.7 times every night.  You know, give or take.   Then I can't go back to sleep because I start dreaming.  I dream and dream and dream...

...of tiny fingers and toes
...of super soft fluffs of blonde hair
...of big blue eyes (because who are we kidding...if this baby isn't blonde and blue, Lenny's going to wonder whose it is)
...of milky sweet and salty baby smell
...of a nursery that smells like powder and lotion and diapers instead of a rarely-used guest room
...of staring into her eyes when she eats
...of rubbing her little back
...of rocking her to sleep
...of Daddy singing
...of the songs we'll sing when she can't stop crying
...of the outfits (and the hats, oh the hats!)
...of the first smile
...of first introductions
...of our world revolving around her
...of spit-up on everything
...of fighting over who gets to hold her
...of playing with her cousin
...of falling in love all over again, times two

and then I have to pee again.  So then I dream of not peeing approximately 234098.9 times a day.  She can do that instead.

1 comment:

  1. This is great girl!! Thanks for sharing. I love that you are dreaming about the new baby smell, because let's face it. It is awesome. They are so snuggly and sweet and clean. AH! You're gonna be a mom! A great mom!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.