Sunday, August 29, 2010

7 Things

My friend Tricia "awarded" me, and I have to tell seven things about myself and pass it along.  Thanks, T!  I am glad she thinks my blog is lovely, because I was really sad when my little blog was hacked and yucky stuff was showing instead of my nice pictures.

1.  I've gotten these "share ___ number of random things about yourself" awards or facebook notes before and have never done them because I can't ever come up with anything in the moment.  I'll think of lots of random, quirky things about myself at random, quirky times, but I can't ever think of any on the spot.  So, even though I'm a fairly quirky and random person, it's taken me almost a week think of these few!

2.  I love movie previews.  I always want to see the movie being advertised after a preview, every single time.  They just look so funny!  And exciting!  And romantic!  I MUST SEE IT!  I am the same way with infomercials.  Everything sounds so useful and great.  However, I go to the movies pretty infrequently and I've never purchased a single thing from an infomercial because deep down I know I am being duped, and movie entitled "Dinner for Schmucks" probably says it all, even if the preview voice-over guy sounds like it's the best movie ever.

3.  When I was little I wanted to marry Robin Hood when I grew up.  The Disney Robin Hood, because he was, well...foxy!  I also had two imaginary babies named Zummi Gummi and Mickey Mouse.  Then I got a little older and decided I wanted to one day give birth to triplet girls named Victoria, Michelle and Nicole and call them Vicki, Micki and Nicki.  Now, the thought of carrying triplet girls fills me with dread and terror.  Especially ones named Vicki, Micki and Nicki. 

4.  One of the names we are considering for our baby is loosely similar to one of the names above.  Thankfully, it's not Zummi.

5.  The Gummi Bears theme song is now stuck in my head.  Speaking of which, I absolutely love chewable gummy vitamins.  They are so much tastier than real gummy bears.  I grabbed a bag of Haribo Gummy Bears the other day when I was shopping and started eating them immediately, but was sorely disappointed.  I ate about half the bag before I made it to the checkout anyway.

6.  I used to dream of having my own cooking show.  When I was a kid I would pretend I was hosting a show whenever I cooked anything, which pretty much amounted to grilled cheese or Kraft mac.  It would go something like this:
"Take two slices of bread from the loaf.  You'll want to make sure your bread is very fresh.  Now, butter one side of each of the pieces of bread generously, like so.  Any kind of butter will do..."  My show would have been very boring.  (Confession:  I still narrate in my head sometimes when I cook.)

7.  Interestingly, I don't follow recipes.  I use them more like inspiration.  So, if my dreams had come true, my cooking show would go something like this:
"You'll wanna toss in some of this, and oh, I don't know, like a teaspoon of that.  Or a tablespoon.  Whatever.  Then you'll need some of that...oh no wait, I'm out of that...well some of this will work just fine.  Cook it somewhere between like 350 and 450 for awhile, you know, until it looks done." 
 
Aren't you glad to know these things about me?  I bet you are.  Now, I don't know 9 people to "award" that haven't already done this one, but here are a few of my sweet friends with lovely, lovely blogs:
1.  He Will Carry Me
2.  Chronicles of a Fake Grownup
3.  Life with the Gearys
4.  WillaJPhotography

1 comment:

  1. I did that whole cooking show thing, too! And I did it out loud, much to my embarrassment when my brother walked in one afternoon. I think I was explaining how to make boxed-brownies! ha:).

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.