Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How I Spilled the Beans

I found out I was pregnant super early.  As in like, positive pregnancy test 6 days before a missed period early.  It was so early that I refused to believe it because I was afraid of it being wrong and feeling devastated, but I still took pictures of myself making an excited face in the mirror.  I also took pictures of our cats because I felt like I needed to remember what they looked like when life was peaceful and calm and they ruled the roost. 

The next day I took another one and got another positive.  Then I started feeling certain it was true.  This was all unbeknownst to my husband, which I felt a little guilty about, but I'd wanted to tell him in a very specific way and besides, I really loved having my own little peanut all to myself for a few days. 

I worked away on the project for the rest of the week and on Saturday, at the start of a snowstorm, headed to Walmart to pick it up.  I also picked up another pregnancy test, just in case.  I came home and ran upstairs, took the test, got yet another positive, then left it on the counter in case he needed proof.  Then I went downstairs to where my husband was calming minding his own business watching "This Old House," utterly unaware that the world as he knew it was about to be forever rocked.  Well, ok, he probably wasn't utterly unaware, since he played a significant role in the bringing about of this baby.  Anway, I cuddled up next to him and handed him this.


It was a photobook called "The Adventures of Lenny and Taylor" full of pictures of special times in our relationship.  The first picture my best friend took the night I came home with flowers after Lenny asked to make our relationship "official."

The rest were all of really special times, about 20 pages worth. 
He loved it.  He thought I made it just for fun.  Then he got to the last page...

He looked at it and laughed, not having any idea that the picture on the left was a positive pregnancy test.  He'd never seen one before.  I was confused, so I didn't say anything, and then he hugged me and thanked me for the book.  Then he said,"...wait...are you PREGNANT?" and I smiled and nodded and he scooped me up and we laughed and got teary and excited and the next thing he said was, "I really need to make more money."

The end.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww! :D Taylor that's so sweet!! :D You made me tear up! :) Congrats and I can't wait to keep reading of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I love that!! So much more creative then my, "Hey Spence... the test is positive. I think. Can you look at it and see?" All of mine were super early, too :)

    Your creativity is wonderful. I can't wait to see it play out in all the cute things you do for your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and creative, Taylor!! What a special memory. It sure beats the night we found out--Jake ended up in the ER from putting a fork in his eye;).

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.