Thursday, May 13, 2010

So I don't forget

So far, as of 19 weeks, here is what I know about our baby:

1. S/He is super busy. I felt this baby move for the first time in my 13th week. I don't care what anyone says, I really did. And not just once; once it started, it didn't stop! Hubby has already even felt baby kick. This could mean:
A. An interest in interior design (you know, setting up the digs...in my uterus).
B. A future as a gymnast (my bladder apparently already makes a nice trampoline).
C. A future as a soccer player.

2. S/He likes music. I like tapping my belly to the beat, especially at church. I refuse for my kid to be like Steve Martin in The Jerk, so I figure we better start early with rhythm and such. The first time I noticed this was at church at 16 weeks. When I sat down after worship, baby kicked like crazy!

3. S/He likes sweet stuff, particularly chocolate. This makes sense for hubby's child. I'm usually more of a salty person, but for some reason I've been wanting sweet things more, at least since I've been well enough to want anything at all. Baby jumps for joy when I eat chocolate!

4. S/He makes me burp ALL the time. Before being pregnant, I seriously never burped, and resented those who did for their grossness. This is one of the reasons I think baby is a boy.

Sidenote: So far, all of our ultrasound pictures have been pretty unclear and lame. Kaiser doesn't really go out of their way to get nice equipment, apparently. It's not like they are blurry, they just aren't the quality I've seen elsewhere. I haven't put any up because they just aren't clear enough. I love looking at them, but anyone else would be like, huh? We have one from 11 weeks that is pretty awesome, but we don't have a scanner. I was super disappointed in our 17 week prints. Hopefully we'll have a better tech on the 24th!

Things that have surprised me so far:
1. Feeling the baby move makes me happy every. single. time. I don't think I realized I would notice it so often, nor did I expect to feel it so early.
2. I really didn't think I would still be dealing with nausea. It's way, WAY better, but I didn't think it would last this long.
3. I didn't know my back would be sore already. I thought your back started hurting when your belly got big. But apparently it starts early because hormones are making your ligaments relax. I searched for prenatal yoga classes last night.
4. I never even thought of having a heart "condition" (I don't know what else to call it) during pregnancy. I have periods of SVT (racing heart rate) that started at 5 weeks. Sometimes my resting rate is as high as 150 bpm. They've checked me out totally and can't explain it or do anything about it. We are hoping it resolves itself during or after pregnancy. It's scary sometimes! Mostly it just makes me feel sort of anxious, and like I can't catch my breath.
5. I have only gained 2 pounds. Granted, I lost about 6 in the first trimester, and I've gained that back, but I'm only up 2 from where I was pre-pregnancy. Sheesh. My biggest concern with that is that I've had a really hard time taking prenatal vitamins because I usually just throw them up. I've been taking two children's chewable gummies. The doctor has assured me though that the baby will take from me whatever it needs, it will just be that I may end up a little lacking. We're working on it.

I want a milkshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.