Monday, March 22, 2010

YES

Dear Jaime Oliver,

I love you.  (Platonically.)  Your new show is awesome.  I'm sorry those lunch ladies were mean to you and made you cry.  If it makes you feel any better, they are just offended because they only eat crap, too.  People don't like being called on their crap.  Only please don't cry any more.  I get tired of crying on television.  I sort of want to sic Tom Hanks on you to scream, "THERE'S NO CRYING IN FOOD REVOLUTIONS!" 

Anyway, thank you for trying to change America.  I wanted to cry when I saw what those kids were eating, even though I used to see it every day.  It breaks my heart that kids on free and reduced meals are fed total garbage twice a day.  (Hence the Bronx Paradox.)  Tell you what, if all that comes of this is you get rid of the blue slushie machines in MCPS, I will be forever grateful to you. 

Love, T

P.S.- Please don't be mad at me because I ate chips and ginger ale for breakfast.  I promise you that I had my reasons and that I don't usually eat like that.  I had a salad for dinner last night. 
P.P.S.- Can I work for you?  I would tell that director of food services lady like it is.  And what "it is" is that kids don't need crappy, starchy, processed, genetically-engineered white bread ever, let alone twice a day.
P.P.P.S.-  Sorry for the constant use of "crap."  I just can't really find a more appropriate adjective.
P.P.P.P.S- Did you see the irony in the interrupting of your show for the (crappy) health care reform vote?  Because I did.  On a lot of levels.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.