Friday, March 06, 2009

Blackened Salmon

How about another delicious gluten-free recipe?

Ingredients:

Salmon fillet
Honey
Brown mustard
Instant mashed potato flakes (be sure they're gluten-free)
Crushed walnuts (optional)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper

Drizzle a 9x13 glass pan with EVOO and place your boneless, skinless fillet (I used a 2-lb. giant because that's what they sell at Costco) in it. Drizzle fillet with EVOO. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.

In a little bowl, mix equal parts honey and brown mustard, enough to liberally coat your fillet. (Probably about a tablespoon of each per pound of salmon.) Brush onto fillet and coat the up side with potato flakes and walnuts.

Place in oven at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes AND COMPLETELY FORGET ABOUT IT FOR OVER AN HOUR UNTIL YOU SMELL SMOKE COMING OUT OF THE OVEN. Stupid Twilight books.



Ok, so it should be called "UNINTENTIONALLY Blackened Salmon." Why did I have to choose the $6.50 a pound (yes, that's why I go to Costco) gigantic hunk of salmon to burn to a crisp? Yes, we still ate it. My husband is so gracious. ("This is delicious, honey! I love it dark and crispy!" Right.)



Seriously though, this is one of our favorite meals. I toss a salad with it and steam some broccoli and it's wonderful. Then we feel so healthy we finish it off with huge bowls of ice cream in bed.



Note: Real cooking times will vary based on your oven and the size of your fish, so just poke it occasionally until it's flaky and cooked through.

This one's for you, Cin:

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:23 PM

    hahaha thanks. I love you a delicious bass's worth too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are reviewed before publishing.